Thursday, June 13, 2013

Roasted Cabbage


PALEO/GLUTEN FREE/VEGAN/VEGETARIAN/DAIRY FREE/COCONUT OIL

I was deferring from blogging this particular recipe since it was a huge copy from Pinterest, but figured I would any way just to show a slightly different way of doing it.

The biggest difference is in the oil. I never use cooking spray unless I’m doing a mass baking project for a fundraiser. Also I got a great tip from a PamperedChef  rep that cooking spray should never be used on Teflon products. For home cooking I only use coconut oil and occasionally olive oil if I need the oil to be liquid and am too lazy to melt the coconut oil.

Ingredients
Head of cabbage (size dependent on number of servings)
Salt
Black pepper
Garlic powder (enough for 1/8 tsp per slice of cabbage) or fresh, crushed garlic (enough for 1/4 tsp per slice of cabbage, about 3-4 cloves)

Recipe
  1. Set oven at 400F
  2. Spread thin layer of coconut oil on a large baking sheet.
  3. Cut cabbage in to 1 inch slices.
  4. Spread slices on the baking pan.
  5. Spread thin layer of coconut oil on each slice.
  6. Rub salt, pepper and garlic on each slice.
  7. Bake for 30 minutes.
  8. Serve and enjoy! J



No comments:

Post a Comment