Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pinterest Connoisseur (May 2013)


It’s always frustrating when a new recipe adventure goes awry. You’re all excited to find a recipe that meets your needs in a particular moment, and convinced that the ingredients will be so awesome when they come together and then BOOM! Turns our you were wrong, your exciting was unwarranted and you’re out a few dollars in expensive ingredients. Welcome to my world. J

Here are some recipes I found on Pinterest that were not all they were “Pinned” up to be. I didn’t hate the results, but I’ll probably never make them again.

Oh, and just so this is the most disappointing blog I put up one Pin that I really did enjoy.

 ★★★★★ Boquet Shadow Box
Most brides hate the idea of throwing her bouquet out, especially when they went through so much work to get the perfect one made. There are several ways to preserve flowers, but being only slightly adept at crafting I was a little scared to try them out on my bouquet, and did tests on the bridesmaids' ones instead. I did finally end up with my bouquet being nicely preserve, but had no where to put them without worrying about them coming apart. The other problem was moving. Eventually our little house would become too small and we would need to move my beautiful flowers, but how could we avoid them crumbling.

I came across a Pin that made my day and a few additional ones after that. The shadow box (pictured above) turned out to be a most amazing invention that would meet my wedding bouquet savoring needs. The result turned out perfectly. Since my boquet was a little on the small side I filled out the box with a rose pin I wore in my hair (center), and even included some flowers from dried rose bouquets my husband had bought for me just ‘cause. J The final touch was wrapping the box edge in the ribbon that held my bouquet together.

NOTE – Don’t try to go the original link it has been blocked.
  
★★Chickpea Flat Bread
Chickpeas are one of my favorite ingredients, as a bean or as flour. This was once of those recipes I was convinced would be awesome, but was just fair. I don’t have a picture of the result, because I was so unimpressed. There really isn’t much you can do to improve the recipe, but perhaps serving it with a strong curry for dipping, or a sweet/tart jam would help. Not sure I’ll try it again, unless I am feeling overly adventurous and have a good curry or jam on hand.

  
★★Almond Butter Banana Fudge & Chocolate Almond Butter Fudge
The most frustrating part of this recipe was having to eat them quickly before they melted in your fingers. These two recipes sounded great to begin with and were super easy/quick to make as well. (The longest part was waiting for them to set in the fridge, but that was no biggy.) The end results were not as wonderful as the prep. Both were a little too rich. One bite in an hour was enough for me.

If I were to try these again I might leave the coconut oil out and leave them as dips for fruit or crackers. 

Almond Butter Banana Fudge Original Pin  
Chocolate Almond Butter Fudge Original Pin


★★★Paleo Coconut Macaroons
These were quite yummy, just a little annoying to keep together. If I make them again I’ll probably try a finer shred of coconut and hope it sticks together a little better.

Previous Pinterest Connoisseur Posts


No comments:

Post a Comment